First Annual Equity in Education Conference
Time & Location
About The Event
The theme for the conference is "Culturally Relevant Pedagogy: Start Where You Are, But Don't Stay There." The keynote speaker is Henry Richard Milner IV, Ph.D., Endowed Chair of Urban Education at the University of Pittsburgh.
Topics for sessions include the following:
- Educating African American females/males
- Meeting ELA standards using CRP
- Meeting social studies standards using CRP
- Meeting economics standards using CRP
- Teaching elementary students African and African American history
- Restorative classroom management
CEU Certificates will be available; the registration fee includes breakfast and lunch. In addition to the keynote speaker presentation, there will be book signings and vendors.